Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The "chute" (waterfall) in Quebec

So after we went to see the Old Town of Quebec City (at least part of it), we wanted to stop by the Chute de Montmorency on the way back to our condo. It's right off of the main highway and looks massive from the road. We weren't really sure what we were in for, but as we headed out to get a closer look it became clear that there would be some hiking involved to get the best view...

See that staircase?

We had to climb it. ;) I knew the views would be amazing. Mom wasn't so sure it would be worth it.

On the way up, we took various pictures of the falls.



When we neared the top of the staircase, we had such an amazing view.

A video I took of the way up.



It was a short walk from the top of the staircase to the top of the falls. This is a picture I took from a small little bridge that connected the two trails.
The top of the waterfall, with a huge drop-off.

I'm about ready to go out and take some pictures on the bridge above the falls.
Some pics I got from the middle of the bridge.

Looking down over the edge. I was fine mentally with the height, but I was pretty concerned I'd drop my smartphone. :S I had it in an iron grip because it required putting it out over the edge to get a good view.
A last video of the view from the top. 

More of Quebec City in the next post.

If you haven't seen my other Quebec posts they are here, here, and here.

read: nothing yet...I have some jewelry books coming soon hopefully though
taste: pizza. Micah was naughty and got pizza. Blah, so much for eating healthy today.
see: Olympics, news, etc.
hear: commercials (worst invention since...ever)
smell: Micah and I agree that we're not sure what we're smelling right now.
touch: kitty, since she was just stuck in my face by yours truly for kisses
think: fuzzy headed, so not much?
feel: see above
via

No comments: